Table of content
For further information on processing on our web pages, please refer to "Website/online store".
Purpose and lawful basis of processing
In order to use our cookies legally, we use a so-called cookie banner (see below for more information). The cookie banner informs you about the cookies we create and use. The categorization of the cookies used (necessary, preferential, statistical and customized) also applies to the classification of purposes and legal bases.
Definition of categories
Necessary: These cookies are necessary to make the website usable for you and to safeguard our commercial interests.
Preferential: These cookies enable us to store your most important preferences. These include, for example, language or region.
Statistical: These cookies collect data and help us understand how visitors interact with the site.
Customized: These cookies are used to show you relevant advertising on other websites.
- To increase sales
- Session control
- Control of the web pages, such as language settings, screen adjustments
- Control of the cookie settings
- Optimization of websites
- Analysis of user behavior
- Invoicing of services
- UX improvements
- Interaction with Avira
- Recognition of users
- Analysis of user behavior
- Analysis of technical parameters
- Adaptation of the offer to the user's behavior
- Optimization of processes
- Marketing of our offer and third-party offers
- Provision of content from third parties, such as YouTube or Vimeo
- Connection to selected social media channels
We process data on the basis of Article 6(1)(f) GDPR, the legitimate interest. The following interests form the basis:
- Generation and increase of revenue.
- Providing you with a technically functioning website that is adapted to your end device and written in a language you can understand.
You have the right to object to such processing at any time for reasons arising from your particular situation. Further information can be found under Rights of data subjects.
If you participate in a sales promotion of a partner company, e.g. incentives when purchasing software, decide to purchase one of our products, want to download a test or free version of our software packages, or register with us, e.g. to manage your user data, the processing of cookies in these cases is also based on the legal basis of the initiation or fulfillment of the contract (Article 6(1)(b) GDPR). These cookies are then also listed in the "Necessary" category.
We aim to ensure customer satisfaction to safeguard our commercial interests. To achieve this, we analyze what impacts considerations such as the design, layout, copy, product pricing, possible bundles, and various forms of advertising have on group behavior. We measure which and how many downloads were initiated as well as which and how many buying decisions were made, and whether regional differences exist. To achieve our goals, we use Google Analytics only under "Necessary"
- To analyze session impressions — in other words, which pages were accessed when our website was visited. In this respect we are not interested in the individual visitor, but in the behavior of the group.
- For A/B testing; this is a test method for evaluating two variants of a website, in which the original version is tested against a slightly modified version.
In this context, Google acts as a processor. We have entered into a contract with Google for this purpose. The settings within Google Analytics are configured for maximum security and minimal data use. This means:
- The anonymizeIP function is enabled — this deletes the last octet (group of numbers) of an IP address. This makes it impossible to identify a user.
- The User-ID feature is disabled — no user IDs are assigned.
- Product Linking is disabled — no other Google products, accounts, or services are linked to the data.
- Data sharing settings are disabled — general sharing of data with Google is prevented.
- Data are only stored per session. The cookies in question become invalid after 30 minutes.
If you would like to prevent your data from being processed in this way, you can install this browser add-on to opt-out from Google Analytics. You can do so at any time, without needing to justify your decision.
|Provider||Google Ireland Ltd., Google Building Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 E5W5, Ireland|
|Legal basis||Article 6(1)(f) GDPR (legitimate interest) — the legitimate interest pursued by us is to safeguard our commercial interests|
Preferential, statistical, customized
We process this data on the basis of your consent in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) GDPR, which you can grant us via our cookie banner.
This consent is voluntary and can be revoked by you at any time with future effect. You declare the revocation of your consent by calling up the cookie banner again (see below) and changing the settings according to your preferences.
Further information on the Right of withdrawal can be found under Rights of data subjects.
How it works
You can call up the cookie banner again here and change the settings.
We regularly scan our websites with Cookiebot and divide the cookies used into the four different categories mentioned above.
Once you have provided us with your consent, the key and consent status will be stored in a cookie ("CookieConsent") so that the site can automatically read and follow your consent in all subsequent page requests and future end-user sessions for up to 12 months. The key is used to prove consent and for an option to check whether the consent status stored in your browser is unchanged compared to the original consent submitted to Cybot.
The following data is automatically logged by our order processor Cybo A/S:
- The end user's IP number in anonymized form (the last three digits are set to "0")
- Date and time consent was given
- User agent of the end user's browser
- The URL from which the consent was sent
- An anonymous, random and encrypted key
- The consent status of the end user that serves as evidence of consent.
As a result, the settings always work per browser and device. If you access our web pages with another browser or device, the settings made there may apply. These may therefore also deviate from your expectations.
If you delete the browser history and/or cookies, the settings made are also affected. This means that the next time you visit our website, you will again be shown our cookie banner and will have to make the settings again.
In the basic settings, we only load cookies from the "Necessary" category in your browser. Besides our own cookies, these are cookies according to the following table. Further information on the data controller can be found under the link in the corresponding entry in the table.
This cookie information is revised at irregular intervals.
The information on the cookies we use is automatically updated by our service provider at set intervals.