Avira Secure Browser
Take back control when you’re online
Browse, post, and shop in peace again — Avira helps you stay safe from online threats, control who knows what about your search and browsing, and block trackers for better performance. All in a familiar design you can customize.
Security, control, and performance without sacrifices
- Block dangerous websites and URLs
- Stop scams and phishing before they start
- Easily control your privacy online in a few clicks
- Block ads, trackers, and browser fingerprinting
- Keep your passwords safe
- Familiar design means no learning curve
Everything is where you expect
Online safety right from your browser
Online attacks are on the rise and your browser is the first line of defense. Web Shield helps stop them by blocking fake and dangerous websites, URLs, downloads, and scams before they even get started.
Keep your searching and browsing private
What you do online is an extension of your inner-most thoughts and interests, but it’s also a powerful tool for companies to build profiles about you, track you, and display targeted ads. Privacy Guard includes ad and tracker blocking, as well as anti-fingerprinting protection to help keep your actions private and unprofiled.
Avira Secure Browser supports only Windows 10 / 11 (32 & 64-bit)
Avira Secure Browser is available for free for download by the user. One installation per device.
Avira Secure Browser — surf more safely, quickly & privately
Avira Secure Browser is our best solution for anyone who wants to protect their online privacy when surfing the internet and block harmful, fake, and unsafe websites as well as dangerous downloads and browser extensions. Compared to regular browsers, a secure web browser has many additional security features. These allow you to enjoy carefree surfing in several regards.
You can use the private browser to cover your digital footprint on the internet and block tracking of what you do online, browse in private or incognito mode, and block ads. You can also strengthen the protection of the passwords stored in your browser and generate new, complex passwords — and much more besides. Install our secure browser now!
Enjoy a secure web browser — here are the security features of Avira Secure Browser
There are many dangers lurking on the internet: From fake and unsafe websites or pages stuffed with malware, browser extensions and downloads, to hackers who are after your log-in details stored in your browser. A secure browser can help you protect yourself from these online threats.
- Web protection with anti-phishing: Helps youblock malicious and phishing websites as well as infected downloads.
- Password manager: Helps you strengthen your password protection and generate new passwords — plus allows you to log into your online accounts with a single click.
- HTTPS encryption: Helps you force websites to use HTTPS (hypertext transfer protocol secure) encryption and block websites that use much less secure HTTP encryption.
- Extension guard: Helps you protect yourself from untrusted and potentially harmful browser extensions.
Enjoy a private web browser — here are the online privacy features of Avira Secure Browser
Many websites, advertisers, and analysis companies track your online activities, sometimes even across multiple websites, to create a profile of you using the user data they collect and to show you personalized ads. An anti-tracking browser such as Avira Secure Browser helps you block that and cover your digital footprint. Not only can you use it to block web tracking but you can also hide your browser fingerprint.
While almost everyone now knows what tracking cookies are, browser fingerprinting is still something that few are familiar with. This increasingly common tracking method uses your unique browser configuration to identify you and track you across the internet. Special scripts collect information, including your browser version, the operating system you’re using and the software you have installed, your language settings, your screen resolution, and much more. Avira’s private browser has many features to help you block this and surf more privately.
- Anti-tracking: Helps you block unwanted web trackers.
- Anti-fingerprinting: Helps you hide your digital fingerprint — meaning your unique browser configuration, settings, and device information.
- Private mode: Helps you stop your browsing history from being saved during a session. Plus, it helps you delete cookies and cache files.
- Privacy cleaner: Helps you remove your browsing history and data stored in your browser, not only protecting your online privacy but also freeing up more storage space.
- Webcam guard: Notifies you if a website tries to access your webcam, so you can choose whether to allow it.
Enjoy a faster web browser — here are the performance features of Avira Secure Browser
Less data traffic means less strain on your resources and therefore greater speed when surfing. That’s why we help you block elements that slow you down.
- Ad blocker: Helps you block ads so that websites load faster and you can surf without interruption. You can choose whether you want to block all or just malicious ads.
- Flash blocker: Helps you block Flash-based content, saving precious computer resources.
- Performance manager: Helps gamers and those who expect the highestsurfing speeds to improve their device’s performance.
- Video downloader: Helps youdownload music and video files quickly and easily.
Enjoy a user-friendly web browser — easy to set up, personalize & use
Avira Secure Browser is free to download and easy to install and set as your default browser. You can then simply start surfing or personalize your secure browser. Among other things, you can customize the level of your privacy protection and your ad blocker, turn certain security and data-protection features on or off manually, and turn on and set up the password manager.
- Clean design: Thanks to the user-friendly design, we make it a breeze to switch to a secure browser. You can simply surf as usual, but you’ll be better protected.
- Free choice of search engine and use of add-ons: With Avira Secure Browser, you can use your preferred default search engine (Google, Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, etc.) and add any third-party Chrome-based browser extensions you want — and check them for trustworthiness beforehand.
- Import browser data: You can import your bookmarks, browsing history, saved passwords, and autofill form data from other browsers or an HTML file.
- Safe Shopping add-on: The built-in browser extension helps you find the best deals, discounts, and coupons for your desired products when shopping online.
Complementary Avira solutions for even greater cyberprotection and online privacy
With Avira Secure Browser, you get a secure and private web browser that helps you protect yourself from browser-based threats when online and block online tracking. For more comprehensive cybersecurity, we also recommend the following free Avira solutions that are included with Avira Free Security:
- Antivirus protection: Avira Free Antivirus helps you protect yourself in real-time against malware such as viruses, worms, ransomware, and spyware.
- Software updater: Avira Software Updater helps youclose dangerous security holes in outdated programs and drivers.
- VPN: Avira Phantom VPN helps you encrypt your online traffic, hide your IP address, and surf anonymously.
- Password manager for mobile devices: With the Avira Password Manager apps for iOS and Android devices, you can access your passwords and generate new ones on the go.
- Browser Safety: If you’d prefer not to switch to Avira Secure Browser but instead continue using your current browser, you don’t have to forgo Avira’s online protection completely. The good news is you can still use Avira Browser Safety . This free browser extension also helps you block malicious and phishing websites as well as ads and online tracking but has slightly fewer features.
Avira Secure Browser is an ad-free browser that allows you to surf safely, quickly, and privately. This secure browser includes additional security features to help you block dangerous, unsafe, and phishing websites, malicious downloads as well as ads and online tracking. It also allows you to store your passwords more securely.
You can use the free web browser to strengthen your online privacy and for greater browser security. That’s because the secure and private browser enables you to block companies and websites from tracking your online activities. It also helps you stop malware from getting onto your device via malicious downloads, browser extensions, or websites — and it can also help prevent your passwords from falling into the wrong hands.
The private browser is so great for private surfing because it includes anti-tracking and anti-fingerprinting features as well as an ad blocker. It also offers a private mode and a privacy cleaner to delete your browser data. This way you can cover your online tracks and better protect your online privacy when surfing.
Avira Secure Browser helps you block unsafe, malicious, and phishing websites as well as infected downloads and dangerous browser extensions — it also saves your passwords more securely. Avira Secure Browser also includes many features to protect your online privacy and make surfing faster.
A secure browser is a web browser with additional security features. It helps you protect yourself from browser-based threats such as malicious websites and downloads. For maximum cyberprotection and the highest level of online privacy, we also recommend using a comprehensive cyberprotection solution like Avira Free Security
Avira Secure Browser is designed to be extremely user-friendly and can be downloaded and installed in just a few clicks. You can then simply start surfing or personalize your settings and easily turn certain features on or off — plus, you can also use your favorite search engine and add third-party browser extensions.