Table of content
- Our privacy portal https://www.avira.com/en/privacy-policy/homepage
- Contact https://www.avira.com/en/privacy-policy/contact
- Rights as a data subject https://www.avira.com/en/privacy-policy/rights-of-the-data-subject
- General data processing https://www.avira.com/en/privacy-policy/general-processing
- Visit our web page https://www.avira.com/
Avira focuses on protecting users from digital threats. Among other solutions, Avira enables files to be scanned for malicious code. Files can also be scanned in a cloud-based solution from Avira.
In this process, suspicious files are transmitted to Avira over defined interfaces, analyzed, and the result is displayed back. These files may also contain personal data. Processing this (personal) information is not the focus of our actions, however.
- Revenue generation
- Fulfillment of contractual obligations
- IT security
- Detecting and fighting malware
- Data analysis and evaluation
- Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR – Contract initiation and performance
- Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR – Legitimate interest (business operations)
Category of personal data
Any type of data transmitted to us by third parties.
- Active employee at Avira
- Service provider
- Governmental organizations
Transfer to third countries
Possible, based on specifications in the GDPR
In accordance with legal requirements