What are anti-theft tools?
A number of mobile security apps offer tools to help users find lost phones and prevent thieves from accessing information on stolen phones.
Below is a list of anti-theft tools to be found in a number of mobile security apps:
- Phone finder: pinpoints a phone’s location on a map
- Remote lock: an online dashboard that enables users to remotely lock a phone
- Remote yell: triggers a loud sound to help users find a misplaced phone, or scare and identify thieves
- Owner prompt: displays on the phone a notification to the person who finds it, making it easy for them to contact the owner
- Data wipe: remotely resets the phone to factory settings.
Avira Antivirus Security for Android offers these anti-theft tools.