Avira Browser Security blocks Chrome version 28
After updating Google Chrome Browser to version 28, no websites can be displayed any more as long as the Avira Web Protection is active. Additionally some other applications are not able to establish a network connection anymore as long as Google Chrome is running with enabled Avira Web Protection.
This is caused by an incompatibility between the latest Google Chrome Browser in version 28 and the Avira Browser Security in conjunction with the IPv6 support. However, it is not enabled by default. Avira is already working on a solution with high priority.
In the meantime, as a workaround, we recommend to disable the IPv6 support inside Avira Browser Security in order be able to display websites with Google Chrome version 28.
To disable the IPv6 support in Avira Browser Security, please proceed as follows:
- Open the Avira Control Center and navigate to Extras → Configuration
Click on Internet Protection → Web Protection and disable the IPv6 support
- Reboot your system
- Avira Professional Security [Windows]
- Avira Free Antivirus [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium 2013 [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security [Windows]
- Created : Thursday, July 11, 2013
- Last updated: Monday, September 16, 2013
- Rate this article