Slow Internet connection with AOL and Avira Web Protection
Using AOL software with the following Avira products, leads to very slow Internet connection and to timeout errors when calling websites.
- Avira Antivirus Premium (Version 2013)
- Avira Internet Security (Version 2013)
- Avira Antivirus Suite
- Avira Internet Security Suite
- Avira Family Protection Suite
- Avira Ultimate Protection Suite
The reason is that both AOL and the above mentioned Avira products use a Web Protection to check the data traffic. This causes a conflict.
Because you are not allowed to deactivate the AOL Webguard, you have to uninstall Web Protection as follows:
- Go to Start → Settings → Control Panel → Add or Remove Software
- Select your installed Avira product
- Click Change → Modify → Next and remove the check-mark for Avira Web Protection / AntiVir WebGuard
- Click Next until Finish
- Restart the computer
Afterwards, the Internet connection runs without interruption.
- Avira Professional Security [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium 2013 [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Pro [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security Suite [Windows]
- Avira Ultimate Protection Suite [Windows]
- Created : Thursday, July 10, 2008
- Last updated: Monday, January 4, 2016