Can I exclude files or processes from scanning?
To set exceptions in Avira software, open the antivirus product via the Avira icon in the taskbar and go to Extras → Configuration
For the Avira Antivirus versions 12 and 13, you have to enable additionally the feature Expert Mode in order to accomplish the configuration.
Since the exceptions for the “System Scanner” and “Real-Time Protection” must be configured separately, please select the corresponding module in the left panel.
System Scanner → Scan → Exception
Real-Time Protection → Scan → Exception
File exceptions can be defined for both the “System Scanner” and the “Real-Time Protection”. A special feature of the “Real-Time Protection” is that additional processes may be excluded from the scan.
- Avira Professional Security [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium 2013 [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Pro [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security Suite [Windows]
- Avira Ultimate Protection Suite [Windows]
- Created : Friday, July 27, 2007
- Last updated: Friday, October 16, 2015