How do I enable / disable the autorun function?
The Windows autorun function for all connected drives like USB sticks, CD/ DVD drives and network drives bears a high security risk. This helpful function is used by malware and unwanted programs as a loop hole for hidden infections on the computer.
That's why, Avira Realtime Protection blocks the automatic run of storage drives by default, except CDs and DVDs. Proceed as follows to enable or disable the "Autorun" function:
- Open your Avira Control Center by double-clicking the Avira icon in your system tray
- Navigate to Extras → Configuration
Select General → Security and enable or disable the option "Block autorun function"
- Save your settings with a click on Apply
- Exit the configuration with OK
- Avira Free Antivirus [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Pro [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security Suite [Windows]
- Avira Ultimate Protection Suite [Windows]
- Created : Friday, October 22, 2010
- Last updated: Friday, August 8, 2014