Avira Launches “First Aid Kit” for Computer Viruses
Emergency Boot Disk Repairs Infected Computers; Rescues Lost Data
Tettnang, Germany --- August 1, 2013 – Security expert Avira announced today the launch of Avira Rescue System, a software “First Aid Kit” for scanning and repairing PC computers that are already infected with viruses, Trojans, worms or other malware. The Avira Rescue System will also back up data that would otherwise be lost.
The Avira Rescue System works for Windows OS and is available in both German and English languages. It can be downloaded for free onto any CD or USB stick to keep for emergencies.
Users do not need to be Avira customers, and Avira invites everyone to download a copy to keep in case their current antivirus software should ever fail them.
“We can save you a trip to the computer repair shop, and a lot of headaches as well,” said Andreas Flach, vice president of products and services for Avira. “Just as everyone should have a first aid kit in the house, we want everyone to keep a copy of Avira Rescue System handy. In most cases it will help you get your system up and running again, and you don’t need to be an Avira customer to use it. Rescue System will even back up your data and give you a second opinion to any scan or repair diagnosis coming from another antivirus product. ”
The Avira Rescue System is designed for non-technical people to be able to clean and repair their own computers by following a wizard that leads users step-by-step. Yet the tool is powerful enough for pro PC users, too. Avira Rescue System includes:
- A Live System that scans and repairs Windows PCs that do not boot or are unresponsive for other reasons where it is assumed that the system is infected by malware.
- A rescue system that allows copying data that would otherwise be lost to a safe place.
- A registry editor that allows manual edits to the Windows registry.
- A tool that allows Avira Support staff to remotely access the computer (if the customer agrees) to assist the customer in repairing their computer system.
The Avira Rescue System itself runs on the Ubuntu platform as an independent application, and therefore it can be used on a variety of different computer hardware and it supports a huge number of drivers.
- Download Avira Rescue System for free: http://www.avira.com/en/download/product/avira-rescue-system
- Follow Avira’s TechBlog: http://techblog.avira.com/en
- Join the Avira community on Facebook: www.facebook.com/avira
Rocket Science PR, for Avira
Rich Mullikin, APR
Tel: +1 415 464 8110 x216
Mobile: +1 925 354 7444
Flutlicht GmbH, for Avira
Mobil +49-170-225 2603
More than 100 million consumers and small businesses depend upon Avira’s security expertise and award-winning antivirus software, making the company the number-two market share leader globally. Avira is ranked #1 in technology innovation according to ABI Research; recommended by Consumer Reports for its free antivirus software; cited by OPSWAT as the #1 fastest-growing antivirus vendor in 2012 and the #2 largest vendor worldwide in 2011; and has received a nearly unbroken string of Virus Bulletin VB100 awards for the past decade.
Avira provides IT-security protection to computers, smartphones, servers and networks, delivered as both software and cloud-based services. Visit www.avira.com.