With its approx. 100 million customers and about 500 employees, Avira is a globally leading provider of self-developed IT security solutions for private and professional consumers. It has more than 25 years of experience and is one of the pioneers in this industry. In Germany, Avira is located in Tettnang close to Lake Constance and one of the biggest regional employers. In addition, it has offices abroad and also maintains partnerships in Europe, Asia and America.
As part of the continued success story, we have an exciting career opportunity for building and developing QA processes as
QA Manager (m/f)
As a successful QA Manager (m/f) you are obsessed with quality awareness and improvement and, moreover, are willing to take on the challenge of building and implementing a QA strategy. Within your cross-departmental function you convince the internal stakeholders and create a common understanding of quality.
Your challenges & responsibilities
- Develop and implement QA standards as well as ensure adoption and achievement of relevant standards
- Review QA processes and implement measures to achieve continuous improvements
- Enforcing the defined QA criteria and standards across our international locations
- Creating transparency and ensuring sustainability as well as increasing efficiency and effectiveness of the QA processes (referring to CMMI methodology)
- Working with business and development teams to ensure a high product quality
- Responsible for release sign-off as fit for purpose
- University degree in computer sciences, computer engineering or equivalent
- Several years of practical and strategic QA experience in an IT environment as well as having the experience in building and implementing QA processes and strategy
- Knowledge of QA concepts and software testing methodologies as well as experienced in hands-on testing
- Experienced in practicing CMMI or equivalent methods
- Knowledge of using QA tools (e.g. bugtracking, TFS, testing frameworks)
- Already made experience in agile software development methodologies and testing
- High level of proactivity, assertiveness and persuasiveness
- Willing to travel to our international subsidiaries
- Excellent verbal and written communication in German and English
- Varied tasks in an expanding company with above average growth
- Independent working in an international team
- Competitive rates of pay
- Continuous training
This position is based in Tettnang, Lake Constance.
Please submit your application including your salary requirements and availability by clicking on the “Apply now” button. Online applications preferred.
Avira Operations GmbH & Co. KG
Telephone: +49 (0) 7542-500 2200