Starting with the 5th of August up until the 9th, Cologne will be host to the biggest gaming convention in the world: gamescom. A video game trade fair so big that more than 300.000 people attended to the 2014 edition. Saying that gamescom 2015 will be awesome is an understatetment. The list of exhibitors is exceptional. Just take a look at a few of them and what they bring to the table:
- Blizzard will reveal their new expansion for World of Warcraft and present Legacy of the Void and Overwatch – their new IP based on the now defunct Project Titan.
- 2K Games for which Mafia III will probably be a hot topic.
- EA Games with Star Wars Battlefront and the new Need for Speed.
- Bethesda with Fallout IV and maybe some Dishonored 2 gameplay.
- More goodness from Cloud Imperium Games for Star Citizen.
- If we’re lucky enough – maybe some Quantum Break from Microsoft.
- Ubisoft will breathe new life to HoMM with Might & Magic Heroes VII and I’m rooting for a gameplay demo for Anno 2205.
And if this isn’t enough, take a look at what the organizers promise to visitors:
„Expect jaw-dropping indoor and outdoor performances, sensational live acts and the newest highlights from the gaming world. You’ll be there when the top industry players present a one-of-a-kind gaming spectacle of a class all its own.”
All in all, gamescom 2015 promises to be extraordinary. And even if most games were already presented at E3 this year, every new bit of information we receive can be as exciting as a game’s initial annoucement. August will be a great month for gamers all over the world.
Have a look at the full list of exhibitors and let us know in the comment section what you are most excited about from gamescom, be it awesome new games, esports or the wonderful world that is cosplay.
PS: don’t forget – PC gaming is fun only if your computer is running at top speed. At least that’s how we run things @ Avira.