Avira Scout has been launched for the public, combining our security expertise with the Chromium code to give users a free browser that slashes the risks from malware, malvertising, and obtrusive trackers. Scout provides multiple layers of security and privacy without interrupting the user experience.
We’ve integrated together a selection of best-in-class security and privacy features, stripped out the Chromium always-on tracking elements, and created a safer and more private online user experience. — Daniel Popa, Avira Product Manager for the Scout Browser
Leave no trace
Browsers are the first line of defense against online threats and trackers. Every day, they encounter hundreds of evasive ads, trackers, and social media widgets. These widgets, such as the “like” buttons on Facebook, report back if the link has been seen by the user even if the button has never been clicked on.
Since its launch in early access, Avira Scout detected and blocked a total of 3.5 Million trackers per day for over 1.5 Million users.
Trackers cumulatively build a portrait of your online life which can be sold and resold to whomever. With Scout, people are empowered to control what trackers can learn about them. — Kirill Krechetnikov, Manager Browser Extension Development at Avira
Avira Scout in a nutshell
- Wherever you go – Scout prevents you from going to a blacklist of malicious, phishing, and tracking sites.
- Checks your connection – Scout incorporates HTTPs Everywhere, a technology developed by the Electronic Frontier Foundation to ensure that people use a secured, encrypted connection whenever possible.
- Always in step with updates – A new version of Scout will be released with every Chrome version – closing security vulnerabilities as they appear.
- Blocks trackers twice – Scout combines Privacy Badger from Electronic Frontier Foundation with Avira Browser Safety (ABS) to identify and block trackers.
- Redlines social media trackers – Tracking elements in Facebook and Twitter are blocked and circled with red, giving users the choice to turn them on or off.
- Lets you decide – Features and settings can be easily adjusted. A radio-style button on the toolbar provides two pre-planned modes for easy use:
- Safe Surfing Mode – Enhanced privacy and safe browsing without requiring user input or changing their experience.
- Safe and Private Mode – Provides a higher level of security and privacy with easy-to-use Scout pop-up boxes.
- Starts up fast – Personal data including history, bookmarks, cookies, and autofill forms can be easily imported from other browsers to Scout.
Find a Scout near you
At Avira, we believe security is a right, not a privilege. With Scout, we are demonstrating our commitment to enhanced user privacy at absolutely no cost.
Avira Scout is available for free at Avira.com and major download sites. Designed for the demands of Windows operating systems from 7 onwards. It is available in German, English, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), and Russian.