Mail Protection returns errors when downloading Emails via POP3 or IMAP
Mail Protection is a module available in Avira Antivirus Premium, Internet Security and Professional Security. It is a transparent Email proxy that filters messages transferred via the protocols POP3, IMAP and SMTP.
When retrieving Emails from certain mail servers, Mail Protection fails to retrieve the message and returns one or more of the following errors in the log file:
- Extended mail download and scan error. Error code; 24602
- Internal error 24009 in remote mail server connection
- Internal error 24063 in remote mail server connection
- Internal error 10053 in remote mail server connection
- Internal error 10054 in remote mail server connection
There are several reasons why this error may occur
- An unexpected loss of connection between Mail Protection and mail server
In this case, make sure that the connection between the mail server and the Email client is stable. Sometimes there are gateway solutions that introduce delays or authentication steps before delivering the Email to the client. While the mail client might be able to understand these steps, it may still be possible that Mail Protection does not understand them.
- Email in wrong format
Under certain circumstances, it may happen that the Email does no longer supports the MIME ( RFC 822 and RFC 2822 ) format. This could happen because the Email either
- has been corrupted during the transmission, or
- it uses a RFC 822, RFC 2045 , RFC 2046 , RFC 2047 , RFC 4288 , RFC 4289 and RFC 2049 extension , which all together define the newer specifications
- The Mail Protection does not support the protocol
The mail server uses an extension of the POP3/IMAP/SMTP protocols which are defined in RFC 2449, but is not supported by the Mail Protection.
If these problems occur, the module Mail Protection needs be disabled or uninstalled.
This can be done in several ways:
Disabling the Mail Protection
- Open the Avira Control Center
- Click Extras → Configuration
- Click on Internet Security → Mail Protection
- Remove the hook at "Scan incoming Emails"
- Click Apply → OK
Uninstalling the Mail Protection
- Start a "Change Installation" of the Avira product
- Click Start → Control Panel → Software/Programs and Features
- Select the Avira product and click Change
- Select "Change program"
- Disable the Mail Protection from the list of modules , click Next and follow the instructions
- Restart the PC
- Avira Professional Security [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium 2013 [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security 2013 [Windows]
- 建立日期 : 2013年6月7日星期五
- 上次更新 : 2014年8月29日星期五