Windows 8 compatibility for Avira products
All Avira products are running on Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 respectively, but not all are certified.
Avira Free Antivirus is Windows 8 certified since April 3rd, 2013.
Avira Premium Antivirus is Windows 8 certified since May 7th, 2013.
Avira Server Security is Windows Server 2012 certified since May 16th, 2013.
The Avira Internet Security will not be certified, because it uses legacy technologies for which Microsoft does not give a "Compatible with" certification anymore.
However, the product works as designed and there are no known problems.
We would like to give you a more transparent overview about the current situation as well as an outlook on how Avira plans to go ahead in this document.
The following Windows 8 topics are addressed:
- What does Windows 8 compatibility mean?
- Why is Avira not Windows 8/Windows Server 2012 certified?
- Am I now protected on Windows 8?
- What about version 2012?
- When are the customers affected?
- What is the solution?
- What is Avira doing to provide a solution and when?
- What about the localized versions of Free, Premium and Internet Security 2013 ?
- What about the business products version 2013?
- Avira Free Antivirus [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium 2013 [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security 2013 [Windows]
- 已创建 : 2012年11月2日星期五
- 上次更新 : 2013年6月14日星期五
© 2013 Avira Operations GmbH & Co. KG. 保留所有权利.