Effective immediately, we are seeking a
Backend Engineer (m/f)
Avira is looking for a Backend Engineer who isn’t afraid of large web platforms.
As a backend engineer you are working on our Managed Email Security Service. Our user base is growing rapidly and you have the knowledge needed for keeping up with the demand. You have a track record of working on web applications that serve thousands or even millions of users. You are constantly playing with new technology. You dream about Python at night and you love Linux, in a professional kind of way.
Avira, a company with over 100 million customers and more than 450 employees, is a worldwide leading supplier of self-developed security solutions for professional and private use. With more than 25 years of experience, the company is a pioneer in its field.
Avira’s Managed Email Security team consists of 4 young people that provide the next generation of security online. Our product provides unprecedented email protection for corporate users and is rapidly growing.
- The desire to create web applications that serve millions of users
- Drive to improve existing architectures and remove complexity
- A focus on creating deliverables
- The desire to work with others
Desired Skills & Experience
- Excellent coding skills using Python/Java or other OO languages
- Extensive knowledge about Linux and preferably Puppet or Chef
- Experience in making web applications scalable
- Experience with big data, think MongoDB, Cassandra, or Elasticsearch
- SCRUM experience, or willingness to work in a SCRUM team
- Experience with CI systems like Jenkins/Travis is desirable
- A great working environment in a young team of enthusiastic people
- Free drinks, snacks, massage and games
- Monthly ‘hacking session’ for pet projects
- A competitive salary
If you like this job and you have the skills, you can send your CV (in English or Dutch) to firstname.lastname@example.org attn. Anja Duitshof
More information about Avira you can find on: www.avira.com
© 2013 Avira Operations GmbH & Co. KG. Alle rechten voorbehouden.