Relaying emails with AMES
What is relaying?
Relaying means sending out emails through the AMES (Avira Managed Email Securit) platform. This procedure is sometimes also referred as "outbound/outgoing email". This offers the advantage that all outgoing emails are scanned for malicious content, thereby protecting the recipients against malware.
How can I enable relaying?
If you wish to relay your outgoing emails via AMES, please read first of all our relaying policy below. Afterwards, send a request to your Avira partner with the WAN IP address of the sending mail server. Avira will subsequently activate the service for this IP address. The selected IP address will be displayed afterwards in the relay tab of the interface.
What is the maximum amount of emails I can send out, or what is my "Relay limit"?
The daily number of outgoing emails is limited and calculated as follows: (licensed users for your domain x 50), with a minimum of 1000 emails per domain. In the relay tab of your domain, you can monitor the amount of emails that have been sent out and see your Relay limit. The counter for forwarded emails will be reset daily at 00:00 o’clock.
Why am I receiving the message “Relay limit reached”?
This message is sent out when you have sent out more emails that your Relay limit.
The cause of reaching the limit can be one of the following issues:
- You've been sending newsletters through the AMES platform
- One or more PC's have been infected and send out a lot of spam or virus messages
Please investigate what the source of the emails have been and eliminate the cause. If you need help, please contact your Avira partner or Avira support.
- You can only forward outbound emails whose sender address is from a domain in AMES
- AMES relaying is meant for sending out email created by employees, NOT for sending out automated messages like newsletters
- If outgoing messages cause abuse complaints, the outbound/relay service will be disabled
- Avira Managed Email Security [Windows]
- 생성 : 2013년 11월 27일 수요일
- 마지막 업데이트: 2014년 8월 29일 금요일
- 이 문서 평가