Adding folders and files exceptions for the Real-Time Protection of Avira Free Antivirus for Mac
Generally we advise against a modification of the default setting in the Avira Real-Time Protection. Nevertheless, if any amendments need to be made, Avira provided an option to exclude folders and files from being monitored.
Please, take into consideration that in case any infected file is located in the excluded folder, the malicious file will not be detected by the antivirus. Likewise, threatening files from the internet that will be saved in the excluded folders will not be detected as well by the antivirus.
- Navigate to Finder → Go → Utilities and double-click on Terminal
- Open the Avira Real-Time Protection configuration file
sudo nano /Applications/Avira.app/Contents/config/avguard.conf
- Authenticate with your password (with administrative rights) to continue with the configuration
The existing entries should never be deleted or modified. Consider that all files within the folders you add will not be scanned for viruses.
Add the path of the folder that should no longer be monitored by the Avira Real-Time Protection
ExcludePath /*folder to be excluded*
- Close the configuration with CTRL+X
- Save the modification with Y and press the Enter-key
- The changes require a restart of your Mac
- Avira Free Mac Security [Mac OS]
- Avira Free Antivirus pour Mac [Mac OS]
- Créé le : mardi 3 avril 2012
- Dernière MAJ: jeudi 19 février 2015