What is the procedure for the manual update (VDF Fusebundle)?
If you have no internet connection you can do an update of your Avira Software manually.
These instructions are valid for the Avira Products version 2012, 2013 or 2014. If you using Avira Products Version 10 or older please follow the instructions in this article. However, we generally recommend an upgrade to the latest version.
Please proceed as follow to update your Avira Software manually:
- Download the latest Avira Fusebundle Generator directly from the Avira website on another PC with Internet access
- Decompress the file avira_fusebundlegen-win32-en.zip
- Open the folder avira_fusebundlegen-win32-en
- Double-click on fusebundle.exe
- Wait until the Fusebundle archive has been created
- In a folder called Install you’ll find the file vdf_fusebundle.zip
Copy the archive file to portable media storage such as an USB Stick or a CD-ROM for transferring it to the PC without Internet access
Note: You don't have to unpack the zip file
- Plug the media storage into the PC
- Open the Avira Control Center
- Select Update → Manual update... from the menu
- Choose vdf_fusebundle.zip
Using the Fusebundles for version 2012, 2013 or 2014 on a 32bit or 64bit system, you have to add the parameter “platform= win32” to the fusebundle.conf or include it as a command line parameter “-- platform = win32” field.
Find more details about to configure the fusebundle.conf in our HowTo.
Please keep in mind that an effective protection against new threats is only possible with an up-to-date virus definition file. Update your Avira Software at regular time intervals.
- Avira Professional Security [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Suite [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security Suite [Windows]
- Avira Family Protection Suite [Windows]
- Avira Ultimate Protection Suite [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Created : Friday, April 13, 2007
- Last updated: Monday, February 24, 2014
- Rate this article