- For Home
- For Business
How can I reactivate Web Protection in the Avira Toolbar?
You notice that Web Protection of Avira Free Antivirus is deactivated in the Avira Toolbar and you wonder how to activate it again?
Please proceed as follows:
- Open the Control Center, either by double-clicking the umbrella icon in the taskbar on the bottom right or by selecting the icon on the desktop
In the Control Center you now click on the red button of Web Protection
Close the "Avira Control Center "
Then the Web Protection should be reactivated in the Avira Toolbar .
If the Web Protection is installed but still remains deactivated, proceed as follows:
- Open the Avira Control Center
- Disable Realtime Protection
- Open “Command Prompt”: Start > All Programs > Accessoirs > Command Prompt
Type “services.msc” (without quotes) and press Enter
- Click with the right mouse button on “Avira Web Protection” and choose “Properties”
- Change the “Startup type” from Disabled to Automatic and accept with OK
Click with the right mouse button on ”Avira Web Protection” and select Run
- Reactivate Product Protection at the “Avira Control Center”
- Another option would be to reset the LSP (Layered Service Provider):
For more information, see KB article: "Why are Browser and/or Email Protection stopped?".
- Avira Free Antivirus [Windows]
- Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus, Version 10 [Windows]
- Created : Tuesday, June 28, 2011
- Last updated: Wednesday, February 20, 2013
- Rate this article
Become an Avira Partner
Want to be the leading provider of small and medium business security? Become an Avira partner and offer your customers powerful, cost-effective security trusted by over 100 million users worldwide.Discover the Avira Partner Program Enroll as an Avira partner today Log in to PartnerNet