Correction of the automatic update intervals when upgrading Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus to Avira AntiVir Premium or Avira Premium Security Suite
The update interval of the free version is usually adopted after an upgrade from the free Version "Avira Antivir Personal - Free Antivirus" to "Avira AntiVir Premium" or "Avira Premium Security Suite".
Hence there is the assumption of a malfunction of the automatic updates, since the free version has only one update per day. The standard interval for automatic updates of “AntiVir Premium” and “Avira Premium Security Suite” is however 2 hours and can be set as described below:
- Open the "AntiVir Control Center"
On the top menu, select "Extras → Configuration" or simply click “Configuration” on the top right
Click on the category "Update"
- Change the update interval to two hours
- Activate the check mark at "repeat job if time has expired"
- Close the window with "OK"
AntiVir checks now in an interval of 2 hours whether new updates are available. If the computer is not active or switched off during this period, AntiVir will catch up with the task once the computer is switched on and connected to the internet.
- Avira AntiVir Premium, Version 10 [Windows]
- Avira Premium Security Suite, Version 10 [Windows]
- Created : Wednesday, February 2, 2011
- Last updated: Tuesday, October 11, 2011
- Rate this article