Booting Avira Rescue System from a USB Stick
Avira offers the product Avira Rescue System, which can be used to start, scan and repair a computer.
The product needs to be downloaded and burned on a CD, in order to boot from it..
However, there are Netbooks without an optical drive. In this case, it is recommended to use therefor a re-writable medium (e.g. USB stick).
How to start the Avira Rescue System from a USB stick, will be explained in the following steps:
- Download the Avira Rescue System as ISO file
- Download the program Unetbootin
- Plug in the USB stick and format it as FAT32
- Doubleclick the downloaded "unetbootin.exe" file
- Select the options "Diskimage", "ISO" and the "rescue-system.iso" file you have downloaded
The USB drive should be selected under "Type" and make sure, that the correct USB stick is selected, under "Drive"
Press OK. The files are copied and the bootable USB is created.
Now you can boot your PC from this USB stick. (It might be that before booting from a USB stick, you need to adjust the boot option in the BIOS)
You do not have to download a new .iso file every time. If you have an Internet connection, you can easily update Avira Rescue System.
- Avira Rescue System [Not relevant]
- Created : Monday, February 8, 2010
- Last updated: Wednesday, July 16, 2014
- Rate this article