How to remove viruses
If you receive a virus notification repeatedly, although you have set the option Delete or Move to Quarantine, in the configuration, please proceed as follows:
Run a full scan with your Antivirus (in safe mode):
- Open Avira Control Center and click Start update
- Start the computer in safe mode (press F8 during restart).
- Open Avira Control Center and click Local protection → Scanner in the left menu.
- Right-click Local Drives and select Start scan.
- Restart the computer (in normal mode).
- We recommend to scan your system again, in normal mode.
- Download and create an Avira Rescue CD
- Start the computer with Avira Rescue System and use it
In case of virus detection, we recommend refreshing all your access data, immediately after system cleaning:
- Email account (inbox)
- login data for banking (home banking)
- payment systems
- your web presence
- online shops and auction houses
If you need phone support for removing viruses, please, call our Hotline
- Avira Professional Security [Windows]
- Avira Free Antivirus [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium 2013 [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Suite [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security [Windows]
- Avira Family Protection Suite [Windows]
- Avira Ultimate Protection Suite [Windows]
- Created : Monday, June 2, 2008
- Last updated: Monday, January 20, 2014
- Rate this article