"Errorcode: 7" or "Feature Control File missing"
It may happen that after a Windows System Recovery the Avira uninstall routine has been damaged and the following error message will be displayed:
In this case it is necessary, to perform a manual uninstallation.
After the succesfull uninstallation, please reinstall your Avira product.
- Navigate to the Avira Download Center
Select your product and then click on Download
Save the installation file to a folder of your choice, i.e. on the Desktop
- Double-click the downloaded setup file to start the installation. Confirm the possible security warning by clicking Run
In the dialog window for the installation type please select the "Express (Recommended)" option, accept the End User License Agreement and click Next
Enter your activation code and click Next
You can enter the code using lowercase letters. The program will convert them automatically into uppercase letters.
You will find your activation code in the email you have received from Avira. The email was sent to the address you used during the purchasing process. In case you did not receive an email from Avira with your code, please check your spam or junk folder.
If you have lost your activation code, please read the article "Where do I find my activation code?" which explains where you can find your activation code.
- Your Avira product has been installed successfully
In case that the previous error message still appears please contact our support with the indication of this KB article (1541).
- Avira Free Antivirus [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Pro [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security Suite [Windows]
- Avira Ultimate Protection Suite [Windows]
- Created : Thursday, October 13, 2011
- Last updated: Tuesday, March 3, 2015