Update: Release of Avira Free Android Security Version 2.0 (12.08.2013).
With the Version 2.0, Avira is releasing for the first time an Antivirus for Android. The new function includes following core features:
- Auto-scan of non-system apps upon installation
- On-demand scan of all installed non-system apps
- Daily VDF & Engine auto-updates
- ... and much more
For further information, please see our release note.
The release of version 2.0 will support the languages, English, German, French and Italian. The officially supported manufacturers are Google Nexus, LG, Samsung, HTC, Motorola and Sony.
Likewise it is to be noted that Avira Free Android Security will only support the following android platforms: 2.2 (Froyo), 2.3.x (Gingerbread), 4.0.x (Ice Cream Sandwich), 4.1.x (Jelly Bean) 4.2.x (Jelly Bean).
Installing the App
Avira Free Android Security is available for download only via the Google Play Store.
Updating the App
The user will get a notification from the Google Play Store. The update will be installed once the user is touching the Update button.
The user is able to access information about the product from the following places:
- Getting started: A quick guide which describes the basic functionality of Avira Free Android Security. This guide is integrated directly into the product. It can be found in the on-device application under Dashboard → Help → Getting started
- FAQ: Knowledge Base articles about Avira Free Android Security are available online
- Support Forum: A forum where the user can exchange information with one another
- Avira Free Android Security [Not relevant]
- Created : Thursday, August 8, 2013
- Last updated: Monday, August 12, 2013
- Rate this article