Do I need to do anything after manually renewing my Avira product?
Renewing an Avira license
These instructions explain how to extend your current Avira license and also how to convert a test license into a full license.
Open the Avira main window from the program icon Avira Control Center on the Desktop or from Start → All Programs → Avira → Start Avira Internet Security.
- Click on the Help menu and select License management.
Enter the activation code you have just obtained to renew the license from the online shop.
- In the next window you need to enter your personal data, to create the license. The fields that have a * are mandatory.
- The information about your license is now displayed. Please check your data and confirm with Next.
- The installation will then continue and can be completed by clicking on Finish.
Open the Avira software by clicking on the Avira symbol on your desktop. You will see the main window (Control Center) of Avira after completing the installation and the first update.
- If you have not purchased a new license yet, please select the option Purchase/extend license. You will be directed to the online shop where you can buy a license. After completing the purchase and obtaining the activation key, you need to go back to step 1 of the instructions.
You require an Internet connection to activate the product. If you are using a proxy server you may need to configure the “Proxy settings”.
License installation fails
When entering the activation key (OTC), you might encounter one of the following error messages:
Error code 407
It is not possible to connect with the activation server. A proxy is used for Internet connection.
Solution: Configure your Proxy settings in the license assistant.
Error code 551
The activation code was not correctly inserted.
Solution: Check the code you inserted. Pay attention to capitalization and to the "-" character between the 5 blocks.
Error code 555
You are using an OTC that does not match the Avira software you are using
Solution: Please stop the installation, check the Avira version in the order confirmation email and download the corresponding Avira software program from the Download area.
Error code 556
The license period of the OTC entered has expired.
Solution: Purchase a new OTC from our online shop.
No Internet connection
Please check your Internet connection. Avira was not able to connect to the license server to activate your product. Please contact our Customer Care Center at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you do not have an Internet connection and wish to activate your Avira software.
We hope you found this guide useful and that you enjoy the security of your Avira software.
- Avira Antivirus Premium 2013 [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Suite [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security [Windows]
- Avira My Account [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security Suite [Windows]
- Avira Family Protection Suite [Windows]
- Avira Ultimate Protection Suite [Windows]
- Created : Friday, July 11, 2008
- Last updated: Thursday, December 19, 2013
- Rate this article