What is automatic renewal and why should I use it?
There is a video available for this article:
The automatic renewal service is a convenient way of having your software license(s) renewed prior to expiration, without having to remember the date or go through the entire purchase and activation process.
How it works:
- 35 days prior to license expiration, we will charge you the renewal fee based on the payment information you provide now. When the time comes, we will remind of your upcoming automatic payment.
- Your license will be renewed for the license term of your previous license, and the remaining runtime on your current license will be added to the new license. The amount charged will be the product’s standard retail price at the time of renewal.
- If the payment is successful, the product will automatically update with the new license. There’s nothing else you need to do!
- If for some reason the payment is not successful, we will let you know so you can make the payment yourself and enjoy uninterrupted protection.
The automatic renewal works only with the latest product version. More information about the free upgrade to the current product version 2013 can be found in our article.
Your automatic renewal status can be checked at any time from your customer account. From there you can switch the service on or off.
To activate the automatic-renewal process for your licenses you need to do the following steps:
Login to your Avira My Account at our website (to login use the email address that you have registered with at Avira and your defined password)
Go to the Payment History menu and toggle the Automatic Payment Renewal switch for your product to either OFF or ON depending on its current state
Confirm your action prior to the change to take effect
Confirmation message displayed when turning auto-renewal OFF
Confirmation message displayed when turning the auto-renewal ON
- Avira Antivirus Premium 2013 [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Suite [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security [Windows]
- Avira My Account [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security Suite [Windows]
- Avira Family Protection Suite [Windows]
- Avira Ultimate Protection Suite [Windows]
- Created : Tuesday, March 6, 2012
- Last updated: Friday, February 28, 2014
- Rate this article