How can I reactivate Avira Web Protection?
Uninstall all other virus scanners or Ad/Spyware scanners from the installed programs list, via Start → Settings → Control Panel → Add or Remove Programs.
Make sure you have the latest Avira version installed on your computer. You can repair the program by downloading it from our download section
Please make sure you download exactly the Avira software you purchased, so your license will still apply.
After starting the installer, select the option Repair/update. Click Next, then Finish.
Restart the computer. Avira Web Protection should be active again.
In case Web Protection still remains inactive, check if there are other programs on your system that might have a conflict with Avira Web Protection. This applies especially to programs using LSP for TCP/IP access.
See also this knowledge base article on how to reset the LSP (Layered Service Provider).
If you still need support in solving this problem, please contact Avira Consumer Support.
- Avira Professional Security [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium 2013 [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Pro [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security [Windows]
- Avira Professional Security, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security Suite [Windows]
- Avira Family Protection Suite [Windows]
- Avira Ultimate Protection Suite [Windows]
- Created : Tuesday, March 6, 2012
- Last updated: Monday, October 14, 2013
- Rate this article