How can I reactivate Avira Web Protection?
Would you prefer the Avira SearchFree Toolbar? Then please read on!
With Avira version 2014 update 5 (released in June 2014) , the Avira SearchFree Toolbar has been removed from our portfolio. Therefore, all new Avira Antivirus installations from update 5 upwards do not offer the toolbar installation anymore.
Avira provides alternatively the Avira Browser Safety. This free, highly discrete browser extension protects your online privacy and blocks malicious websites before they load.
For additional information please see this helpful article.
If you are still using the Avira SearchFree Toolbar, please read on.
Uninstall all other virus scanners or Ad/Spyware scanners from the installed programs list, via Start → Settings → Control Panel → Add or Remove Programs.
Make sure you have the latest Avira version installed on your computer. You can repair the program by downloading it from our download section
Please make sure you download exactly the Avira software you purchased, so your license will still apply.
After starting the installer, select the option Repair/update. Click Next, then Finish.
Restart the computer. Avira Web Protection should be active again.
In case Web Protection still remains inactive, check if there are other programs on your system that might have a conflict with Avira Web Protection. This applies especially to programs using LSP for TCP/IP access.
See also this knowledge base article on how to reset the LSP (Layered Service Provider).
If you still need support in solving this problem, please contact Avira Consumer Support.
- Avira Professional Security [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium 2013 [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Pro [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security [Windows]
- Avira Professional Security, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security Suite [Windows]
- Avira Family Protection Suite [Windows]
- Avira Ultimate Protection Suite [Windows]
- Created : Tuesday, March 6, 2012
- Last updated: Tuesday, November 25, 2014
- Rate this article