Avira Free Android Security: How to lock and unlock a device via Web Console
In the view of the "Lock" tab you may enter a 4 digit PIN to lock your device. To avoid any errors, the PIN number needs to be confirmed. Additionally, the user can leave a message for the finder of the device, which will be displayed on the locked device. If requested, there is the possibility to enter an alternative phone number so that the finder of the device can call back.
- Type in a 4 digit PIN into the Enter PIN field
- Confirm your PIN in the field below
- Type in a customized message into the field Display message, e.g. type a text and your Email address to make it easy for the finder to get into contact with you
- Enter a telephone number that can be called using the “Call owner” button on the locked device
- Click Lock in order to save the PIN to your device and lock it
The device can be unlocked by a simple click on the Unlock button without entering any PIN number.
In case the unlocking of the device was attempted from the mobile itself and the PIN wasn’t assigned correctly, the Unlock button on the mobile will be disabled after 3 failed attempts. If so, the only possibility to unlock the device is via the Web Console.
- Avira Ultimate Protection Suite [Windows]
- Avira Free Android Security [Not relevant]
- Created : Wednesday, February 29, 2012
- Last updated: Monday, October 7, 2013
- Rate this article