Avira FireWall installation failed because driver cache is maybe corrupt
During installation of the Avira Firewall FWINST.EXE returned error 0x800F0203.
Usually this means the driver cache is corrupt.
In this case the installation of the Avira Firewall cannot be completed.
Remove the file “%WINDIR%\INF\INFCACHE.1” and restart your computer.
If the file “%WINDIR%\INF\INFCACHE.1” isn’t visible, enable the following option in “Windows Explorer”.
Organize → Folder and search options → View → „Show hidden files, folders, or drives”
Tools → Folder Options → View → „Show hidden files and folders“
Start a change installation via Control Panel and try to reinstall the Avira FireWall.
- Avira Professional Security [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security [Windows]
- Avira Professional Security, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Created : Tuesday, January 24, 2012
- Last updated: Monday, April 22, 2013
- Rate this article