- For Home
- For Business
How can I unblock autorun?
The Windows autorun function for all connected drives like USB sticks, CD/ DVD drives and network drives bears a high security risk. This helpful function is used by malware and unwanted programs as a loop hole for hidden infections on the computer.
That's why, Avira Realtime Protection blocks the automatic run of storage drives by default, except CDs and DVDs. The following warning will appear:
If you like to deactivate this function, please open the Avira Control Center, click on Extras → Configuration, activate the Expert mode, then go to General → Security and uncheck the option Block autorun function.
Click OK to save the changes.
- Avira Professional Security, Version 2013 [Windows]
- Avira Free Antivirus [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium 2013 [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security 2013 [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Created : Friday, October 22, 2010
- Last updated: Thursday, September 20, 2012
- Rate this article
Become an Avira Partner
Want to be the leading provider of small and medium business security? Become an Avira partner and offer your customers powerful, cost-effective security trusted by over 100 million users worldwide.Discover the Avira Partner Program Enroll as an Avira partner today Log in to PartnerNet