How can I unblock autorun?
The Windows autorun function for all connected drives like USB sticks, CD/ DVD drives and network drives bears a high security risk. This helpful function is used by malware and unwanted programs as a loop hole for hidden infections on the computer.
That's why, Avira Realtime Protection blocks the automatic run of storage drives by default, except CDs and DVDs. The following warning will appear:
If you like to deactivate this function, please open the Avira Control Center, click on Extras → Configuration, then go to General → Security and uncheck the option Block autorun function.
Click OK to save the changes.
- Avira Professional Security [Windows]
- Avira Free Antivirus [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Created : Friday, October 22, 2010
- Last updated: Thursday, July 24, 2014
- Rate this article