Message "Exception in module AVGNT.EXE" or "AVCENTER.EXE" or "AVCONFIG.EXE"
At the start or during the use of an Avira product, it may happen that the message "Exception in module AVGNT.EXE" appears. This message may also appear with the modules "AVCENTER.EXE" and "AVCONFIG.EXE".
The installation of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package is mandatory for Avira products. If it is not installed, you will get the above mentioned message.
The setup should basically install the correct redistributable package, but in some cases it doesn't succeed.
Please download the latest Redistributable Package from the Microsoft website and install it:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
After the restart the Avira products should work properly.
Please note that the 32-bit version of the Redistributables should also be installed on 64-bit systems.
However, if this fails to work and you still need help, then please contact Support, quoting the number of this KB-article (in this case 1085).
- Avira Professional Security [Windows]
- Avira Free Antivirus [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium 2013 [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Pro [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security [Windows]
- Avira Professional Security, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security Suite [Windows]
- Avira Ultimate Protection Suite [Windows]
- Created : Wednesday, October 19, 2011
- Last updated: Monday, October 7, 2013
- Rate this article