Random crashes in Windows XP when performing a complete system scan with Avira client products
In rare cases, the XP operating system can crash when performing a complete system scan with Avira client products such as Avira Free Antivirus, Avira Antivirus Premium 2012, Avira Internet Security 2012 and Avira Professional Security.
The following workaround is recommended until this problem is solved: Deactivate the Windows Service Volume Shadow Copy via Start → Run and enter in the mask services.msc.
Alternatively you can find the Windows services also via Start → Settings → Control Panel → Administrative Tools → Services.
Once there, search the service Volume Shadow Copy, click on it with the right mouse button and select Properties.
Please change the Startup type from Manual to Disabled there and click OK.
Then you should be able to perform a complete system scan using the Avira clients with no crash. If you need this service for other Windows programs or a crash still occurs, please contact Avira Customer Support for further assistance.
- Avira Professional Security [Windows]
- Avira Free Antivirus [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium 2013 [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Suite [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security [Windows]
- Avira Professional Security, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security Suite [Windows]
- Avira Family Protection Suite [Windows]
- Avira Ultimate Protection Suite [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Created : Thursday, March 10, 2011
- Last updated: Monday, October 7, 2013
- Rate this article