Correction of the automatic update intervals when upgrading Avira Free Antivirus to Avira Antivirus Premium or Avira Internet Security
The update interval of the free version is usually adopted after an upgrade from the free Version "Avira Free Antivirus" to "Avira Antivirus Premium" or "Avira Internet Security".
Hence there is the assumption of a malfunction of the automatic updates, since the free version has only four updates per day. The standard interval for automatic updates of Avira Antivirus Premium” and “Avira Internet Security” is however 2 hours and can be set as described below:
- Open the Avira Control Center
- On the top menu, select Extras → Configuration
- Activate the Expert mode
Click on the category Update under PC Protection
- Change the update interval to two hours
- Activate the check mark at Repeat job if time has expired
- Close the window with OK
Avira software checks now in an interval of 2 hours whether new updates are available. If the computer is not active or switched off during this period, Avira software will catch up with the task once the computer is switched on and connected to the internet.
- Avira Antivirus Premium 2013 [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security [Windows]
- Created : Wednesday, February 2, 2011
- Last updated: Thursday, November 12, 2015
- Rate this article