What should I note before migrating to a new version of the Avira product?
Before starting the migration you should observe the following issues so that the process works correctly or so you can react to errors accordingly:
Back-up the license file:
In case the migration fails, you can reinstall the product and insert the license file hbedv.key manually.
The license file is located in Avira's folder (default: C:\Program Files\Avira\...). Right-click the file and select Copy.
Then right-click somewhere on the Desktop, select Paste, and a copy of the license file is saved on your Desktop.
In case the migration fails, you can go to our website, download the newest Avira product version and reinstall the product: Avira Downloads
For more details about the installation with an existing license file, you can read the KB article Avira product Activation with FACT
Deactivating or temporary uninstalling problematic software:
Since the migration means uninstalling Avira products version 10, saving the license file and configuration in a temporary folder and installing Avira products starting from version 2012, it is necessary to stop any programs, which protect the registry or folders, or which empty the temporary folders.
WinOptimizer from Ashampoo: deactivate the option Delete temporary files.
TuneUp Utilities Software: deactivate the option Delete temporary files.
CCleaner Software: deactivate the option Delete temporary files on startup.
Deactivate all tools with Registry protection, such as Spybot Search&Destroy TeaTimer.
- Avira Professional Security [Windows]
- Avira Server Security [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium 2013 [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Suite [Not relevant]
- Avira Internet Security [Windows]
- Avira Professional Security, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Avira Server Security, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security Suite [Windows]
- Avira Family Protection Suite [Windows]
- Avira Ultimate Protection Suite [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Created : Friday, March 5, 2010
- Last updated: Thursday, October 17, 2013
- Rate this article