Avira software deactivated after upgrading Vista to Windows 7
After upgrading Windows Vista to Windows 7, the tray icon of Avira software may show a closed red umbrella, because the Avira Control Center shows Avira Realtime Protection and the Online Protection as deactivated.
You only have to fix your Avira program, in order to activate the full protection:
- Go to Start - Control Panel - Programs and Features
- Click the Avira product's name and select the Change menu option above the list.
- Click Next, select eventually all components, then click Next again, until Finish.
- Restart the computer.
The problem is then solved.
- Avira Professional Security [Windows]
- Avira Free Antivirus [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium 2013 [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Pro [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security Suite [Windows]
- Avira Ultimate Protection Suite [Windows]
- Created : Friday, October 30, 2009
- Last updated: Friday, October 16, 2015
- Rate this article