How can I reactivate Web Protection in the Avira Toolbar?
You notice that Web Protection of Avira Free Antivirus is deactivated in the Avira Toolbar and you wonder how to activate it again?
Make sure that the browser protection is enabled
- Open the Control Center, either by double-clicking the umbrella icon in the taskbar on the bottom right or by selecting the icon on the desktop
In the Control Center you now click on the red button of Web Protection
Close the "Avira Control Center "
Then the Web Protection should be reactivated in the Avira Toolbar .
- Reset the LSP (Layered Service Provider):
The LSP (Layered Service Provider) is required by the Web Protection to examine the traffic and protect you from dangerous content.
Detailed information about resetting the LSP (Layered Service Provider) can be found in the KB article: "Why are Browser and/or Email Protection stopped?".
If the Web Protection is installed but still remains deactivated, proceed as follows:
- Open the Avira Control Center
- Disable Realtime Protection
- Open “Command Prompt”: Start > All Programs > Accessoirs > Command Prompt
Type “services.msc” (without quotes) and press Enter
- Click with the right mouse button on “Avira Web Protection” and choose “Properties”
- Change the “Startup type” from Disabled to Automatic and accept with OK
Click with the right mouse button on ”Avira Web Protection” and select Run
- Reactivate Product Protection at the “Avira Control Center”
If the Web Protection is still not enabled, please proceed with the following step 2.
- Avira Free Antivirus [Windows]
- Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus, Version 10 [Windows]
- Created : Tuesday, June 28, 2011
- Last updated: Friday, October 25, 2013
- Rate this article