How do I renew the license for my Avira product?
You can renew your Avira product license before it expires. In order to ensure a smooth processing, we recommend that you renew your license at least 1 week before. The remaining days from the expiring license will be added automatically to the new license. This way you will not lose any remaining time from your previous license.
To prevent errors during the renewal process, please proceed as follows:
It is a prerequisite to renew your product license via the Renew Now button in your Avira product. Buying a new license over the Avira website will lead to an error message during the license activation process, because the new purchased license cannot be identified as a license renewal.
Open the Avira Control Center
Click Renew Now
A new browser window will open.
Once you have selected for how many years you want to renew your license, you will be forwarded to the Avira Online Shop
Please check your product, license duration and the amount of users, and then click the green button Proceed To Checkout
Please check your personal information
Enter your payment information and click Next Step
Review your data, accept the "Terms and Conditions" and click Buy Now
An email with the subject "Your Avira product renewal instructions" will be sent to your email account
- From now on is no further user interaction required. The license will be transferred automatically to your product within the next 72 hours. Therefore, your device (PC, Laptop, etc.) has to stay online for a while so the Avira product can align the current license status with the license management facility.
In case you bought the new license as an initial purchase and not as a renewal, you might receive the error message 563. Read this article to learn about the options you have now.
In your Avira Account you will find all the information about your product(s) and license(s) – even outside our service hours.
- Avira Antivirus Pro [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security Suite [Windows]
- Avira Ultimate Protection Suite [Windows]
- Created : Friday, April 13, 2007
- Last updated: Tuesday, July 28, 2015
- Rate this article