Antivirus for Android: How do I purchase and install the Premium version?
The Premium version can be obtained either by upgrading an existing Free Antivirus for Android app or performing a complete new installation.
If you are already using the Free Antivirus for Android, then you have to perform an upgrade out of the app to unlock the Premium features. Therefore, follow the instructions below starting with the menu item III. Upgrade to Premium version.
Otherwise, perform a complete installation of the app.
Purchase and install
I. Installation and Registration
- Download Avira Antivirus Security.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Once the installation is complete, open the app.
- A brief overview of the included functions is displayed.
Perform the free registration.
Thus, you receive your Avira Online Essentials account.
The Free Avira Antivirus Security has been successfully installed.
The app performs automatically a VDF update and a quick scan.
- A red background indicates that a user interaction is required.
- Tap the feature Anti-Theft (red exclamation mark).
- Tap Device Administrator is deactivated.
- Tap Enable.
- Confirm with OK.
- Tap Activate.
The “Device Administrator” has to be activated in order to use all provided features.
III. Upgrade to Premium version
- Go to the main screen of the app and wipe right.
- Scroll up the menu settings and tap Upgrade.
- If you already have an activation code, enter the code and tap Unlock. Otherwise, tap Upgrade using Google Play and follow the on-screen instructions to purchase Avira Antivirus Pro for Android.
- Once the purchasing process has been successfully performed the Premium features will be unlocked.
IV. Verify Upgrade
- Open the app.
- Wipe right.
- The upgrade was successfull, if the “Premium” item is displayed in the settings menu.
The missing "Premium" item, indicates that the upgrade has not yet been carried out.
Tap Help and then Refresh to demand once more the unlocking of the Premium features.
- Avira Antivirus Security [Not relevant]
- Created : Tuesday, April 22, 2014
- Last updated: Friday, May 6, 2016