Why is the toolbar not working anymore on my Chrome browser?
Since January and starting with Chrome 33 beta, Google blocks all extensions that were not installed via the Google store. This is done for security reasons, in order to protect users from malicious software. The original Google announcement can be found here: Protecting Windows users from malicious extensions
Therefore, since February 20th, we have been updating all older versions of Ask, version 5, to the latest version 7. This is needed as older toolbars were neither installed nor present in the Chrome store, not compliant with the policy and consequently wouldn't work any longer.
- Avira Free Antivirus [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Pro [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security Suite [Windows]
- Avira Family Protection Suite [Windows]
- Avira Ultimate Protection Suite [Windows]
- Created : Monday, February 24, 2014
- Last updated: Wednesday, February 26, 2014
- Rate this article