Why do I get an error message when I enter the license number for Avira System Speedup?
Please note that there are two different versions of Avira System Speedup available in the download area:
- Avira System Speedup as a standalone (i.e. you purchased a license only for this product and not as part of a suite)
- Avira System Speedup as part of the Internet Security Suite bundle
If you have downloaded e.g. the version that is part of Internet Security Suite, but you actually have purchased the license for the standalone version, you will get an error message when you attempt to enter the license number during the product registration process directly after the installation.
This error message contains: "Error: OTC and ProductID incompatible"
If you have already downloaded and installed the wrong version for your license, simply download now the correct version and repeat the installation process. You do not need to uninstall the previous version.
Now the activation of your Avira System Speedup version should be successful with the correct license.
- Avira System Speedup [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security Suite [Windows]
- Avira Ultimate Protection Suite [Windows]
- Created : Thursday, November 7, 2013
- Last updated: Wednesday, July 2, 2014
- Rate this article