Avira Secure Backup: I have lost my password. Can I retrieve it?
We do not save user passwords. We use an encryption algorithm that permits us to verify them, but not to read them. Through the program you can request a change of password using the Email specified when your Avira Secure Backup account was created.
In case you cannot access any more the saved Avira Secure Backup data via the Avira Online Essentials dashboard, download and install the Avira Secure Backup program on your device.
After successful installation, you can request a new password as follows:
- Open Avira Secure Backup
- Go to your account login
- Click Forgot password?
- You will be redirected to your Avira “My Account” to validate your account. Enter the email you specified when your Avira Secure Backup account was created and click Get Password
- Avira sends immediately an email to your specified email address. Open the received Avira email and click on the provided link
- You will be redirected to your Avira “My Account” to set your new account password
- Enter twice your new password and click Save
- Go to your Avira Secure Backup and login with the new password
- Avira Free Antivirus [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Pro [Windows]
- Avira Secure Backup [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security Suite [Windows]
- Avira Ultimate Protection Suite [Windows]
- Created : Friday, March 8, 2013
- Last updated: Wednesday, August 20, 2014
- Rate this article