Innovations in SP2 for AV10
Advanced process protection
For better self-protection of AntiVir, the advanced process protection is enabled by default.
The enhanced process protection will also be activated by default in case of an update to SP2 if it has not been configured before or if the dialog General → Security has been opened at least once before.
The AntiVir updater now has a correct VeriSign signature:
New firewall signatures
New trusted vendors have been added to the firewall’s database:
- AVM Computersysteme Vertriebs GmbH
- Opera Software ASA
- Apple Inc.
- DigitalPersona, Inc.
- Hewlett-Packard Co.
- Rare Ideas, LLC
- TeamViewer GmbH
- Oracle Corporation
By default no system restore point will be set anymore during installation.
For all products containing WebGuard functionality, a new WebGuard blocking page is integrated which is clearer and easier to understand:
- Avira AntiVir Premium, Version 10 [Windows]
- Avira AntiVir Professional, Version 10 [Windows]
- Avira Premium Security Suite, Version 10 [Windows]
- Created : Wednesday, June 1, 2011
- Last updated: Tuesday, May 29, 2012
- Rate this article