This article describes how to add the RPM repository of Avira Linux products into the Software Management
The repository is the same for any Linux distribution you use.
This is how to add the RPM repository of Avira Linux products into the Software Management:
- Start YaST and click Software - Software Repository - Add
Fill in a name for the repository and insert the following URL(http):
- Press Next and the package meta data will be downloaded.
You can use the following command in the command line to add the repository:
zypper ar http://dl1.pro.antivir.de/package/rpm_repository/ avira-rpm
You can also access the repository by adding the Zypper source file.
Download the file below and copy it in the /etc/zypp/repos.d directory:
After adding the repository using one of the above methods, go to YaST - Software Management and search for avira. It will display all Avira packages available for installation:
You can add the source file on Red Hat, too. Download the YUM file below and copy it in the /etc/yum.repos.d directory:
- Avira AntiVir MailGate [Linux]
- Avira MailGate Suite [Linux]
- Avira WebGate Suite [Linux]
- Avira AntiVir Professional, Version 10 [Linux]
- Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus, Version 10 [Linux]
- Avira AntiVir Server, Version 10 [Linux]
- Created : Thursday, July 8, 2010
- Last updated: Thursday, August 11, 2011
- Rate this article