Support of ISO9660 files
The Avira AntiVir engine can now also be used to scan .iso files according to the ISO 9660 standard, including the Joliet extension. This new function is available with the latest engine update (engine version 126.96.36.199). Please note that ISO standard 13346 (UDF) is not supported by this version.
You should be aware that .iso files are generally very large and that it can take a long time to scan these files, which may have a negative impact on your system’s performance.
Avira AntiVir Windows products only support the scanning of .iso files in on-demand scan mode. In this case the option must be explicitly enabled through the configuration.
Avira AntiVir Unix products scan .iso files by default. If you don’t want this, you should either generally disable the scanning of archives via the configuration, or proceed as follows in the products:
Avira AntiVir WebGate / WebGate Suite
You can use ACL rules to tunnel .iso files in WebGate. Note that this may represent a security risk. For this reason we recommend that this option should be confined to .iso files from a trustworthy source. If you wish to tunnel .iso files in this way, use the dstdomain and rep_mime_type ACLs as explained in the manual. The following example tunnels .iso files from avira.com:
acl TrustedIsoDomains dstdomain .avira.com acl IsoMimeType rep_mime_type application/x-iso9660-image http_reply_access tunnel TrustedIsoDomains IsoMimeType
Avira AntiVir Professional / Server
The ExcludeExt (command line) or ExcludePattern (configuration file) option can be used to exclude .iso files from on-demand and/or on-access scanning.
Example 1 (via the configuration file):
Add ExcludeExt iso:ISO to configuration file /etc/avira/avguard.conf and, as an option, to /etc/avira/avscan.conf, to exclude .iso/.ISO from all scans.
Example 2 (via the command line):
avscan --exclude-ext="iso:ISO" <files to scan>
Please note that this will exclude all files with the extension .iso from scanning. There is no check to establish that these genuinely are .iso files.
- Avira AntiVir MailGate [Linux]
- Avira AntiVir MailGate [Solaris]
- Avira AntiVir Premium, Version 10 [Windows]
- Avira MailGate Suite [Linux]
- Avira Exchange Security [Windows]
- Avira AntiVir WebGate [Linux]
- Avira AntiVir WebGate [Solaris]
- Avira WebGate Suite [Linux]
- Avira WebGate Suite [Solaris]
- Avira AntiVir for KEN! 4 (Clients & Service PC) [Windows]
- Avira AntiVir Professional, Version 10 [Windows]
- Avira AntiVir Professional, Version 10 [Linux]
- Avira AntiVir Professional, Version 10 [Solaris]
- Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus, Version 10 [Windows]
- Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus, Version 10 [Linux]
- Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus, Version 10 [Solaris]
- Avira AntiVir Server, Version 10 [Windows]
- Avira AntiVir Server, Version 10 [Linux]
- Avira AntiVir Server, Version 10 [Solaris]
- Avira Premium Security Suite, Version 10 [Windows]
- Created : Tuesday, June 8, 2010
- Last updated: Monday, April 18, 2011
- Rate this article