What is Dazuko?
Dazuko (DAteiZUgriffsKOntrolle - File Access Control) offers an interface between the file system and the on-access virus scanner on Linux. Thus the files can be scanned directly when accessed.
At every access attempt, file information, such as access type, process ID and user ID are first sent to be checked by the application. So, file inquiries are first submitted to an userspace program via Dazuko, and only after a positive response, the access is permitted to the application.
Dazuko and Dazukofs are kernel modules, innitially developed by (formerly) H+BEDV, but in the mean time, released from Avira, they are developed as an independent OpenSource project, being the responsibility of their own community.
Avira develops only its own product component AVGuard, which is part of our Server and Workstation products. For all further issues, design-related wishes, errors or suggestions regarding dazuko, please refer to the responsible community, for example via Dazuko Mailinglist.
Avira also offers a completely compiled commercial version of its software for Sun Solaris SPARC.
For more details, please visit the Dazuko website.
- Avira AntiVir Professional, Version 10 [Linux]
- Avira AntiVir Professional, Version 10 [Solaris]
- Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus, Version 10 [Linux]
- Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus, Version 10 [Solaris]
- Avira AntiVir Server, Version 10 [Linux]
- Avira AntiVir Server, Version 10 [Solaris]
- Created : Tuesday, April 14, 2009
- Last updated: Thursday, April 7, 2011
- Rate this article