Configuring Product Updates
You can make the update settings in the AntiVir main window Extras - Configuration - General - Update. Activate the Expert mode, if the General settings are not available.
The default options for different AntiVir products are:
- Avira AntiVir Personal: (2)
- Avira AntiVir Premium: (1)
- Avira Premium Security Suite: (1)
- Avira AntiVir Professional: (2)
(1) Download and install product updates automatically
Product updates are downloaded and installed together with VDF and Engine files, as in AntiVir version 7.
(2) Notify user if product updates are available
When a product update is available, a notification appears for installation. If the user refuses, another notification appears after 7 to 30 days.
(3) Do not download product updates
Only new VDFs and Engine are downloaded and installed.
Using options (2) and (3), the user decides if and when to download and install program enhancements. These are mostly useful to users with a slower Internet connection, to shorten the updates download time.
In exceptional cases, when the VDF and Engine updates are required, a special notification appears.
- Avira AntiVir Premium, Version 10 [Windows]
- Avira AntiVir Professional, Version 10 [Windows]
- Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus, Version 10 [Windows]
- Avira Premium Security Suite, Version 10 [Windows]
- Created : Tuesday, May 27, 2008
- Last updated: Friday, April 20, 2012
- Rate this article