Discontinuation of Antivirus solutions for Linux systems on June 30th 2016
With its powerful Antivirus solutions, Avira is especially able to meet the needs of the consumer and micro/small business markets. Today, these fields almost exclusively rely upon Windows or Mac operating systems. By comparison, Linux installations have been declining steadily for years.
As a result, by June 30, 2016, we will discontinue our Linux product sector and concentrate increasingly on developing Avira’s Windows and Mac OS system product portfolio only. Specifically, Avira AntiVir Professional Linux, Avira Server Security Linux and Avira Free Antivirus Linux will be discontinued and Avira Endpoint Security and Avira Business Security Suite will be offered without Linux support.
Even though the active sales and further development of Linux products will end on June 30, 2013, Avira will continue delivering detection updates (engine and VDF updates) for these solutions.
However, please note that from July 2013 on, new licenses and license renewals for all Linux products will no longer be available. In individual cases, a licensing exception to existing Linux systems may be considered for users until the end-of-life date. Please contact your Avira partner manager for more information.
Discontinued Linux products:
- Avira Professional Security Linux (Avira AntiVir Professional Linux)
- Avira Server Security Linux
- Avira Free Antivirus Linux
- Avira Endpoint Security (Bundle)*
- Avira Business Security Suite (Bundle)*
- Avira Professional Security [Linux]
- Avira Server Security [Linux]
- Avira Endpoint Security (former Avira AntiVir NetWork Bundle) [Linux]
- Avira Free Antivirus [Linux]
- Created : Friday, June 14, 2013
- Last updated: Thursday, December 5, 2013
- Rate this article