What can I do in case error message "Error 7" or "Feature Control File missing" appears?
In some cases it may happen that because of a Windows system recovery the Avira uninstall routine gets damaged and the following error message appears:
In this case it is necessary, to perform a manual uninstallation.
After you uninstalled your Avira product manually, you can install the product again.
Navigate to the download page to the products for home
Select your product and then click on Download
In the next dialog click Save and save the installation file in a folder of your choise, e.g. on the Desktop
Start the installation with double-click on the downloaded file
If a security message appears, confirm it with Run
In the upcoming welcome window click Next
In the next window select the language in which you like to install your Avira product (e.g. English) and click Next
Now, the installation of your Avira product starts
In the dialog window about the installation type select the option Express (Recommended) and accept the End User License Agreement
Afterwards click Next
Type in your activation code and click Next
After your Avira product has been installed, you have to restart your System for the last time to finish the installation
In the dialog window click Yes
After the system reboot the above dialog shouldn't appear anymore. In case you still get this error message, please get in contact with our Support and mention the knowledge base article number 1075.
- Avira Free Antivirus [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium 2013 [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Pro [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security Suite [Windows]
- Avira Ultimate Protection Suite [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Avira Free Antivirus, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Created : Thursday, October 13, 2011
- Last updated: Tuesday, August 12, 2014
- Rate this article