Why is IPv6 not visible in the configuration of Avira products on Windows XP?
If you cannot see the option "Enable IPv6 support" in the configuration, it is most likely that there is no IPv6 protocol installed on your Windows XP system.
To install IPv6 on your Windows XP system, click Start → Run and then type in the text box "cmd". Click on OK.
At the command prompt that appears now, enter the following line:
netsh int ipv6 install
and confirm the entry with the Enter-key. After the installation is complete, you should see an "OK" flashing up. Close the window again.
Now please reinstall your Avira product. Thereafter, the option "Enable IPv6 support" for Email Protection and Web Protection should be visible again.
- Avira Professional Security [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security Suite [Windows]
- Avira Family Protection Suite [Windows]
- Avira Ultimate Protection Suite [Windows]
- Created : Friday, September 30, 2011
- Last updated: Friday, January 17, 2014
- Rate this article