I cannot import the license file; the error message: „The license file could not be installed“.
This message refers to a read-only license file in AntiVir's installation directory. As a work-around, please copy the license file hbedv.key manually in the installation directory, as described below:
- Save the new license file hbedv.key on your desktop.
- If the version of your Avira product is 9 or above, you have to deactivate the option Protect files and registry entries from manipulation. You can find the option under Configuration → General → Security
- Right-click the file hbedv.key and select Copy
- In My Computer click (Local drive) C:
- Go to Program Files → Avira → AntiVir ...
- In the Edit menu select Paste.
- Eventually, confirm to overwrite an existing license file.
- Reactivate the option Protect files and registry entries from manipulation.
Finally, check in the Avira main window, if a new license expiry date appears, under Status, Your product is activated until...
- Avira Professional Security [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium 2013 [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Pro [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security [Windows]
- Avira Professional Security, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security Suite [Windows]
- Avira Ultimate Protection Suite [Windows]
- Created : Friday, April 13, 2007
- Last updated: Wednesday, February 18, 2015
- Rate this article